Search This Blog

Monday, September 15, 2014

A gift to myself

So I finally made something for yours truly:  the Beatle Bag!


I purchased this kit at Heart to Heart in Winter Haven.  The kit included the complete, full-color instructions on how to make the bag, as well as the plastic zipper inserts you see in the photos. 

The ladies at Abbey Lane Quilts are super-nice.  When I had a question about where to purchase an item needed to complete the bag, they emailed me back right away.  Gotta love rapid responses! 

I've been wanting an actual portable sewing kit for a while now, so I was psyched to get this done.  The pattern is mostly fat quarter friendly, so I just raided my stash for some coordinating fabrics. 



The inserts are much roomier than they appear!  I still have four empty slots in my bag, but I'm sure I'll find more stuff to tote around in it. 


Here's what it looks like on the outside:  (I really need to get better at taking photos!)  Can you tell that I love pink and purple?  I love it!  The only addition I'd make to this bag is maybe a little Velcro closure/strap at the tops of the padded pockets.  My scissors have a tendency to fall out if I grab the bag exactly the wrong way.  I'll have to wait and see if that little problem is corrected when I completely fill the bag.  I have a hunch that this thing gets really snug (in a good way) when all the pockets are full. 





That's it for now.  I have some new blocks finished up on my long-term project that I'll show off in a few days, as well as a few gifts I've almost completed.  Thank you for reading!  It brings me much joy to know you care enough about me and/or these things I'm making to take the time to read about them.  Until next time, God Bless!
post signature

1 comment:

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!