Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2018

BabySchep's Monster Quilt Complete!

Sooo, BabySchep's birthday party was back in July, but I've only just now gotten around to photographing the quilt.  Am I the only one who's that bad at this?  I really need a photographer friend! 


Well, here it is hanging on the wall at the party:


I opted for cupcakes instead of a big cake this time.

The birthday boy.  (With Abuela!)

Super cool birthday boy.
I've managed to put together a few progress posts along the way, but this finish was so frenzied, I neglected to take the last few block photos. 

Matching seams!
On the wall, ready for borders.
Basted on the dining room floor.
Pin basted, ready to quilt.
His Royal Highness, adding the final stitch. 
I love doing handwork, so these applique quilts are special to me.  Here's the finished product:

The hubby is always a big help.
These monsters play well together!
The other monster peeking out.  
 
Draping an applique quilt is just not the same. 
 

 Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.  Have a nice weekend!  Until next time, God Bless!





Recent Reads:

The ChildThe Child by Fiona Barton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not as good as the first one. In fact, this is only a serial because of the reporter investigating the story, not because of the mystery itself. In a nutshell, they find a baby's skeleton at a construction site, and you follow multiple story lines, Kate Waters being the common thread throughout, until you figure out who the baby is. I did enjoy the audiobook, particularly because it was read by a full cast. It would be a great roadtrip listen. Slowly but surely, I'm becoming a fan of Brit lit!

View all my reviews


Best. State. Ever.: A Florida Man Defends His HomelandBest. State. Ever.: A Florida Man Defends His Homeland by Dave Barry
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Entirely too short, but laugh out loud funny. Every Floridian should read this, because we can all totally relate.

View all my reviews
 

Born SurvivorsBorn Survivors by Wendy Holden
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Wow, I need to stop reading Holocaust books. The title says it all--three babies born into captivity, who against all odds, survive the Holocaust during WWII. It was simply heart wrenching to hear these women's stories about how their families were torn apart, murdered, and yet somehow found the will to not only survive, but to bring these babies into the world. Amazing. The audiobook was superbly read, but try not to read this if you're already depressed. I am continually in awe that this happened in recent history.

View all my reviews


I Found YouI Found You by Lisa Jewell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

More Brit lit. More missing memories. I guess I never tire of this genre. This book generates suspense through faulty memory--this guy turns up on the beach with no memory of who he is, or how he got there, and no one seems to be looking for him. Simultaneously, a new bride in a foreign country is missing her husband. Surely these story lines overlap--the thrill is in finding out how. Fun read, but nothing earthshattering.

View all my reviews


Bloodlines: Race, Cross and the Christian


Bloodlines: Race, Cross and the Christian by John Piper
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Very convicting read. I guess Piper usually is. I listened to this audiobook, but I wouldn't recommend it in that format. Just go buy it in print so you can mark it up at all of those "ouch" moments. Seriously.

View all my reviews




On our tabletop:


SmashUp by AEG.
Charterstone, by Stonemaier Games














2 comments:

  1. I know exactly why it took you so long to photograph this quilt. You had a monster of a reason and monsters have a season. You are not allowed to photograph monsters until it is close to Halloween. Now is the perfect time. See, you can spin a yarn too. I believe that these monsters are so adorable that this quilt was totally worth the wait. Thank heavens for our quilt models - husbands or monsters :-) whatever they choose to be.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!