Search This Blog

Friday, February 20, 2015

Change of Heart



Okay everyone--I've thought long and hard about this, and I've finally decided to pull the trigger on it.  I am changing the name of the blog.  I tried to explain it in my first post, but I realize that people aren't going to start at the beginning of my blog and read their way up. 

It was an ongoing joke with my coworkers that our lives were so boring compared to the litigants we see in court everyday.  (Yes, if you didn't know, I'm a lawyer by day, aspiring designer by night!)  I love my drama-free life, even if it is a tad boring. 

My husband was the biggest proponent of a name change, but kept suggesting titles that were already taken.  I finally settled on "More than Rubies."  Why, you ask?


Proverbs 31:10  New International Version (NIV)

Epilogue: The Wife of Noble Character

10 [a]A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies.
 
 
If you've read Proverbs 31, you know that the wife of noble character is a seamstress and a businesswoman.  I would love nothing more than to be able to provide for my family while practicing a passion of mine, so I opted for a blog title that refers back to the wife of noble character. 
 
I'll go ahead and say it now--I will let God and my husband down.  I am imperfect and falter regularly--I simply ask that you not hold it against God or my husband, both of whom are forgiving and love me as I am. 
 
Will you join me on this quest, then?  We can make some cute stuff along the way, too.  Until next time, God Bless!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!