Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

More and more mug rugs!

We just can't stop swapping at the Lakeland Modern Quilt Guild!  We recently turned in our mug rugs destined for the Italian Modern Quilt Guild.  Check out the one I whipped up:


Recognize this block?  I made it at Christy Fincher's class last month.  I just haven't had the time to incorporate it into a bigger project, so at 8 inches square, I thought it might make a fine mug rug.  I did some gentle curved quilting with my walking foot, which was new to me, but seemed to turn out just fine for a first attempt. 

I used Elmer's glue to baste the binding in place, which made finishing the binding by machine a breeze!  (Shout out to Adelle in my guild for turning me onto this method!) 

The cool thing about continually having swaps is that you receive stuff at the same time you turn stuff in for the next one.  Remember the mug rugs I made for the Brisbane Modern Quilt Guild?  Well, check out the ones I received in exchange:


This one was made with Cotton + Steel fabrics, and looks so cool!  This one is proudly displayed on my desk at work.  Check out Jess's blog here.

 
Check out the teeny tiny piecing on this mug rug!  It's super cute, and sits on my desk at home.  Thank you, Myriam!

All in all, what a successful swap!  Can't wait to see what I get from Italy!  Until next time, God bless!



post signature


1 comment:

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!