Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

A gift for Baby Budzo!

Wow, so once again, it's been forever and a day since I last wrote a blog post.  That's mainly due to the fact that I'm frantically working on the first quilt for my now-ten-month-old son, and have made time for little else.  I did, however, find some time to hand embroider some Onesies for my nephew that is due in December.  I'll let the pics do the talking.  


Freehand drawing is not my thing.  The lobster is a clipart from Microsoft, the baby budzo is word art from Microsoft, and the baby bunny is an embroidery pattern by Amy Sinibaldi.  



Once satisfied with the size of the art, I printed it out on Sulky Sticky Fabri Solvy.



See?  It looks so cool when you peel the paper backing away.



It sticks right on the fabric, acting as a stabilizer and pattern at the same time.



I originally went for a satin stitch on the lobster dude, but ended up undoing it.


I used Sulky 12wt cotton to stitch the bunny.  It looked cute, but didn't hold up as well as the others, which used three strands of your standard embroidery floss.  While I adore 12wt thread, I would save it for wovens, not knits.



Here's what I ended up doing with the lobster after unpicking all those satin stitches!


I love how the stitching turned out on this one!  Gator colors for this little guy, of course.  
Well, in my haste to put these in the mail, I forgot to photograph the final results.  Typical.  At least it won't be too long before I see little Baby Budzo wearing these himself.

Until next time, God Bless!


1 comment:

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!