Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2017

New Year's Resolution

I'm not the type to make new year's resolutions, but I do want to be more intentional about keeping up the blog.  This is, after all, a place for me to write about my passions, and it's become all too evident that I'm not making enough time for the things that bring me so much joy in this life. 

In the past, I've done a lot of secret sewing, waiting to write a blog post once the item was gifted.  No more.  You'll see more work-in-progress type posts from me here out.  To that end, here are the projects that are on the horizon:

A new bag (details coming soon!).

A memory quilt for a coworker's husband who left us in 2016.

A softie alphabet set for Lil' Schep.

I finished my son's Windy Hill Farm Quilt on time (hooray!), but still need to photograph it, so expect a write-up on that soon.

In the meantime, I've been listening to audiobooks, so I'll recap the one I just finished this morning on the drive to work:


I've really been digging nonfiction books lately, and this one didn't disappoint.  It's a well-told account of the cholera outbreak in London during the Victorian era, and how it changed the world.  If you're into science writing, you'll probably enjoy this one.  Don't worry--no nitty gritty cholera details in this one!

It's Friday, so maybe I'll get some sewing done at home tonight!  Until next time, God Bless.



post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!