Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

#babyschep's nursery progress: Saturn V rocket

Father's Day was several months ago now, but I thought I'd kill two stones with one bird by buying a LEGO set for my husband:


Hubby with Lil' Schep


The nerd that I am, I read about the upcoming release of the Saturn V LEGO set far in advance, so I preordered a set that was due to release at the beginning of June.  Boy, do I know my hubby--he was super stoked to receive the set, and had it assembled two nights later:






No, I didn't plan those PJs at all ;)
At over 3 feet tall, this floating shelf was the only spot that would accommodate the rocket, but I think it's perfect!


Those little pieces next to the rocket are to-scale models of the landing module and the splash-down capsule.  There are even itsy-bitsy to-scale astronauts! 


So many pieces!


The itsy bitsy astronaut went on a rocket ride...
Of course I found a pop up book about the moon to display next to it!
The rocket stages separate, and those little guys fit inside, just like the real thing!  I saw these rockets in person as a kid, and now I'm super stoked about taking my boys to see them at the Kennedy Center one day.  I love how this rocket fits into the theme.  Fast forward a few months later, and the nursery is all but complete.  Sharing on Linky Tuesday today.  More pics soon.  Until then, God Bless!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!