Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

#babyschep's nursery progress: Solar System Mobile

Another quick project to share with y'all: As you know, BabySchep's nursery is decorated in a space theme.  I purchased one of those DIY three dimensional solar system kits online, and got to work:



The big yellow one is the sun!
Look at me, blending paints like I'm an artist!  This kit was pretty easy--the planets all came in half-spheres, pre-marked with lines, so painting it was a breeze.  It came with glow-in-the-dark accent paint, but I wasn't sure how a newborn would react to glowing orbs hanging from the ceiling.





Here it is, hanging over the changing table.  Once upon a time, I read that you should hang a mobile over your baby's changing table, to keep their interest elsewhere while you work your diaper-changing magic. 

The sun's corona is a cardstock cutout provided in the kit.




Oddly enough, this is what it looks like from baby's perspective.

So far, BabySchep is pretty captivated by it during daytime changes.  I'm back to work now, so he doesn't get to look at it very often now. :(


I know I keep promising updates, but they really are coming, honest!  Until then, God Bless. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!