Search This Blog

Friday, January 5, 2018

Lil' Schep's Dino Quilt

Lil' Schep is two.  Two! 






I guess that's how parenting goes.  You just look up, and years have gone by.  We did a dinosaur theme for his 2nd birthday party, so of course, I had to make a dinosaur quilt to go with it.


I've been pressed for time lately, so I ordered a toddler-sized quilt kit from an Etsy shop with some really fab dino prints. 


The following is basically a primer on how not to take photos, ha!

The simple layout = quick finish!


Obviously not big enough for a bed, but it's still much bigger than his little body, so he sleeps with this quilt. 

Found a free "Jurassic" font online, and cut the letters out on my Cricut. 

I managed to find some dinosaurs to pose with the quilt. 

If you're one of the lucky few that got to attend this little guy's birthday party, your thank you cards are going to be mailed soon--I hope!

Linking up to Finished or Not Friday, Finish it Up Friday, and TGIFF.  I hope to make more time for sewing this year, so until then, God Bless. 


















3 comments:

  1. The letters you chose look really fantastic for his name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Daniel! Enjoy your new quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. There is nothing wrong with a simple layout. A finish is a finish. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!