Search This Blog

Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 BOM--Part 1

With the upcoming new year comes an opportunity for a full-year series!  I'm so excited about actually completing an entire year's worth of blocks with my guild sisters at the Lakeland Modern Quilt Guild.

First up:  January's block of the month is called "Card Trick."



My first attempt went surprisingly well, constructed entirely from scraps from my scrap treasure box.

Yes, I have an actual treasure chest.  Isn't it awesomely cute??!

In fact, it went so well, I think it might be donation-worthy!


My second attempt was still from my scrap box, but with nicer fabrics, fully intended for donation to the guild.  I think my second attempt might have actually been worse, but not noticeably so.





For my third try, I busted out my "pretties."  Yes, I intentionally bought a set of coordinating fabrics from the Fabric Warehouse for this BOM series, so I could end up with a matching sampler quilt for myself at the end.

I am absolutely smitten with this print!

I think they all ended up rather modern, but of course I like the last one the best.



What do you think?





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!