Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thrift Shoppin'

Check out my recent thrift shop find: (cue Macklemore in the background)


I'm not usually one to go thrift shopping or yard sale shopping, but every once in a while I get the shopping bug when I don't have much cash. The solution: thrift shopping!

I scored this sewing kit from the Lighthouse Ministries thrift shop right outside of my neighborhood.  I can't usually find sewing-related items at thrift shops, but I hit the jackpot with this particular find.


I was very excited to find several vintage needle books, with most of the needles intact!  If you know me, you know that I do a lot of handwork, so I won't be hoarding these, I'll be using them.  They apparently used to make all needles with the gold eyes, and I'm super stoked about using them.


Recognize these brands?  I know Coats doesn't have the best reputation in the Q-niverse lately, but I'm sure, as with most things, they don't make it like they used to!


And yes, my friends, those are wooden spools! There's just something exciting about pulling thread off of a wooden spool.  For the most part, it all seems to be in very good condition, so they'll be featured in a project soon, I hope!

What about you?  Do you thrift shop/yard sale?  What kind of gems have you found?  I'd love to know!

Until next time, God Bless!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!