Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Taking Stock

So I was perusing some of my favorite blogs today, and saw this monthly "taking stock" thing.  My blog doesn't just have to be about making, after all, so here we go:

Making : Lots of stuff.  Another circle quilt for a baby girl, a memory quilt for a coworker's late husband, and planner stickers for 2018. 

Cooking : I just bought one of those Instant Pots, so I'm diving in and trying a recipe tonight--Beef and Broccoli rice.  We'll see how that goes.  I pre-seasoned the beef with salt, pepper and soy sauce, so I'm hoping that'll help it be extra tasty.

Drinking : Café con leche.  Love my Bialetti Mukka Express <3


Reading: I primarily listen to audiobooks, so I'm currently "reading" Disaster Diaries by Sam Sheridan.  Fascinating!


Wanting: To leave work early today--I've got a sick kiddo at Grandma's house today :(


Looking: At fancy schmancy minivans for future upgrade.  I miss my backup camera!


Playing: First Martians.  Played through the introductory scenario a few nights ago, so I think we're ready to tackle a full game.


Deciding: Whether or not to stop at Wal-Mart tonight.  I need a new ironing board cover, which they won't bring out to your car as part of their Grocery Pickup service.


Wishing: I had vacation time to take off this year.


Enjoying: Being a new mom again.  It's amazing how much you remember and forget about caring for a baby a mere year and a half later!


Waiting: For the holidays to arrive.  Work seems less burdensome when you're highly anticipating a gathering. 


Liking: How much sewing time I've been getting in the evenings.  My sweet hubby has made it his goal to make sure I have one or two evenings "off" per week for me to meet my sewing goals.


Wondering: How my sick child is doing. 


Loving: My boys, of course!  It would be nice to spend guilt-free time with them again.


Pondering: The apocalypse.  That sounds negative, but the book I'm listening to is all about being prepared for TEOTWAWKI--The End of The World As We Know It.


Considering: Buying more emergency supplies.  I'm more of a prepper than my husband is, or we'd already own a lot of the stuff I'm considering buying--like those instant meals that have a 25 year shelf life, you know?


Buying: Kiddo's clothing and food.  Lil Schep is growing again, and fall has finally arrived here in Florida, so he needs new clothes.  2T/3T, for those who are wondering! ;)


Watching: Football.  That's all I ever watch on television anymore.  The Walking Dead is back on, so my hubby's sucked in again--perhaps I can use this to persuade him to make those emergency supply purchases I've been pondering!
Hoping: That this all works out.  That I do my job well, that I raise my kids right, and that the world doesn't end in a nuclear war.

Marvelling: At how my son is a tiny human being.  How is it that we are born with everything we need to grow up?  We never take our kids in for software or hardware upgrades--they just grow and grow.  Marvelous.

Cringing: At the bad decisions I see people make.  Being a lawyer means I get to deal with other people's mistakes daily, and many are very cringe-worthy.  The downside is that I tend to downplay my own.

Needing: To get over myself.  In the grand scheme of things, I'm not that big of a deal, but here I am blogging about myself as if I were.

Questioning: Whether our decision to start a business was short sighted and impulsive.  I merely wanted a way to fund my hobby (let's face it, quilting can be expensive!), but now I have tons of cute fabric lying around, and no time to sew it into anything cute.

Smelling: The remnants of beef flavored ramen noodles.

Wearing: A red dress.

Following: Orders.  It's a trying time at work, and I'm doing my best to comply.

Noticing: How many little people there are in the world.  What?  I'm not the only person who had a baby??!!

Knowing: That God's got this, but finding myself doubting this from time to time.

Thinking: That I need to get back to church on Sundays.  BabySchep is old enough to go to the church nursery now, so I have no excuse.

Admiring: Single moms.  I deal with them every day at work, and finding that I couldn't do it on my own.

Sorting: Piles of files into smaller piles of files.  This is my life from 8 to 5.

Getting: A bit anxious because I'm trying to finish typing this before Court starts.

Bookmarking: Baby clothing sales!

Coveting: A new bathroom.  Or screened patio. Oh, and a sewing machine.

Disliking: Laypeople who try to tell professionals how to do their jobs.

Opening: A new gallon of water (no water fountains at work!).

Giggling: Over some of the ridiculous names people give their children.

Feeling: A bit guilty about how long it's taking to type this up.

Snacking: On Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn.  I'm glad I bought the little bags, because I would have eaten the big one already.

Hearing: The secretaries go about their business.












Yikes!  In hindsight, this is probably a very boring post.  So, in exchange for reading mine, I'll read yours--leave me a link in the comments.  Until next time, God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!