Search This Blog

Monday, November 6, 2017

Sparkle Baby Quilt in Progress





I started a new project--I know, what was I thinking???  A friend is having a little girl soon, and I have tons of this Michael Miller Glitz fabric laying around, so I thought it'd be perfect to try out a quilt I've had in my head for a while. 




This confetti dot border quilt is a gradient--it gradually changes over the entire width of fabric.  My Phillips fiber art 10 degree wedge ruler is designed to fit on half a width of fabric, so I cut away the top, sparser half, and sliced the more densely printed half into 72 wedges. 


My happy place -- quilting with an audiobook!
It is going to be so cute!  I have lots of this fabric that hasn't sold in my online shop, so I thought I'd try my hand at selling finished quilts, using this gift as a catalyst.  What do you think?  Would you, or someone you know, buy a handmade quilt as a baby gift?  I'm keeping track of the time it takes me to finish these two quilts to get an idea of how much I'm paying myself to make it.  The cost of the fabric alone (even at wholesale) is pretty high, so I think I'll end up throwing in my labor for next to nothing if these are going to sell at all.  You never know, so I'll keep y'all posted when I finish this one...until next time, God Bless!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!