Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2018

Crafty Goodness Bonanza

My husband and I follow a pretty strict (yet rather generous) budget.  I completely busted that budget this month on crafty retail therapy.  There was a deal on the Cricut EasyPress machine:


"Oooh, wait until Daddy sees the bill for this!" -BabySchep
Very cool doodad.  I hope to use it a lot in the future, but that will require some dedicated sewing time.  I also purchased next school year's Abeka Book curriculum for the boys:


We buy the unbound books to avoid those pesky perforated pages.

The 3-year old curriculum appears to largely reinforce the concepts introduced in the 2-year old program.

Lil'Schep is pretty excited about his upcoming memory verses!
And the biggest purchase of them all: 
If you're reading this, you likely have an idea of the price tag on this guy.  (I know most of y'all refer to your machines in the feminine, but my machines are boys!)  I saved up for a while to be able to afford him.  I bought it from Gigi's Fabric Shop in Brandon, Florida.  Gigi offers lots of perks and support when you purchase a machine from her shop, so while she's not paying me for saying this, I feel that we quilters should support our local shops when we can.  It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm excited about picking it up in a week or so (and having Gigi show me how to thread it!). 


So, no finished blocks or projects this time, but still quite a lot going on in the sewing room.  The Stanley Cup playoffs are currently occupying just about every other night of my time, so I'm trying desperately to get a little bit of handwork done while on the couch. 


I'm hoping to have another monster or two to share soon.  Until then, God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!