Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2018

Hexies and Pizza






No finished blocks this week.  (Or last week, for that matter!)  A nasty cold knocked me out for the count, rendering me (practically) useless for a week and a half.  Remember when I mentioned all those CLEs I had coming up?  Well, one required an overnight stay at the Orlando airport.  Never again.  Perhaps my negative feelings about that airport are exacerbated by how darned miserable I felt, but it made me appreciate the gleaming, pristine, Tampa International Airport so much more.  Why do I mention this?  Because I planned to baste some hexies during lectures, and managed to baste ZERO! 

Not to be completely defeated, I did get some more basted during another CLE back home:


I've been using one of those plastic zipper pouches that pillowcases are sold in for this project.  A little cramped, but it'll do until I get properly organized.
 And that's the extent of my sewing related post.  Then again, this blog isn't strictly about sewing, is it?  I'm also documenting the crafty things I get to do as a mom of two boys.  This weekend, we made pizza:


The spread.  And the excited kiddo who kept eating the ham before we got started.

His idea of evenly distributing cheese.

After mom's intervention, we could move on to more toppings.

The final product pre-baking. 

Proud kiddo with his finished pizza.

This one is mine.
We had fun making mini pizzas, and the little miniature crusts from Aldi were perfect.  We made meat lover's pizza this time, but we'll add veggies next time. 

Now, I know y'all are dying to know about the books I've finished over the past two weeks!



102 Minutes CD: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers102 Minutes CD: The Untold Story of the Fight to Survive Inside the Twin Towers by Jim Dwyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Short, sad, and angering. Listening to this book was a little like watching the news coverage of the attack all over again. Seventeen years ago, I was too young to appreciate a lot of the information that came to light about the buildings and rescue efforts. Now, it's simply heartbreaking. If you're going to read this, just be ready to be sad and mad for a while.

View all my reviews The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-DiscoveryThe Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is one I'd save for print. Even though this audiobook was read by the author, the subject matter is just too detailed to adequately absorb on the first listen-through. I'd never even heard of the enneagram before this book, so it definitely piqued my interest, but my experience with this book will probably keep me from checking it out any time soon.

View all my reviews


On our tabletop:






I hope to have more monsters to share with you soon.  Until then, God Bless!




















1 comment:

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!