Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

The 4th of July has always been my favorite holiday.  After all, summer is my favorite season, and baseball is my favorite sport.  And who doesn't love a good fireworks display??  This 4th was different, though.  My brother-in-law and his soon-to-be bride are getting married in Maine tomorrow afternoon, and I didn't get to go.  :(  As a consolation prize, I treated myself to a shopping spree at Jo-Ann, and here's part of my haul:



Hmm, an awful lot of those fabrics coordinate, don't they?  Yes, I'm starting another project, and I'm stepping up the size quite a bit. The wall hanging I recently completed finished at around 12" x 26".  This project should end up being around 40" by 55".  I won't disclose what it is I'm making just yet (the recipient of this gift may very well be reading this!), but it looks awful girly, no?  Don't worry--not ALL of these fabrics are going into the same project.  I just can't help myself when I see the remnant bin at the cutting counter.  I mean, I scored 1/2 a yard of that chartreuse Kona cotton solid for $1.80!  My stash is quickly growing--now I understand why these quilters let it get out of control, because I'm loving it.

I expect this project to take me a week or so (not a lot of piecing, and some straightforward quilting), but I'm also making a smaller project at the same time, so as long as I can remember how to attach a zipper foot to my machine, I'll have something brand new to share in a few days.

Stay safe and stay free!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!