Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2014

My first charity project!


Some ladies from my office are hosting a backpack drive for the Florida Baptist Children's Home here in Polk County.  This charity provides aid to the victims of human trafficking, housing some of the young girls that don't have anywhere else to go.  


They are asking for backpacks filled with items for the girls.  One of the items is a small notebook.  I was browsing the internet a few weeks ago and found these beauties from Amanda at Riley Blake Designs:


I thought, these girls have probably never had anything handmade for them in their entire lives.  Why not make something for them now?  Perfect excuse for adding a few pieces to my growing fabric stash:


And here's my first one!  I quilted it by machine rather than by hand, solely to save time.


Now, how many more?  I'll update y'all when I get them all done.


Happy sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!