Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2018

BabySchep's Monster Quilt: Part 3

Hello, and welcome to week 3 of this monster quilt journey!  In case you missed it, here are weeks one and two.  Once again, this week will be short and sweet.

Our yard sale on Saturday was (mostly) a success, so I was pretty busy/tired this week.  I'll have to pick up the pace if I'm going to keep up with these weekly progress posts!


Goofy monster.  Anyone else a fan of those Toscana blenders? 

I'll call this one Greenhorn.  There are very few areas in life where I actually feel "experienced," so I can relate.
More cutting has happened on the long term hexie project.  I have some seminars coming up for work, so it won't be too rude to baste while listening, no?
 
In other news:

Recent Reads:
The Woman in the WindowThe Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not very impressed. I thought this would be another Flynn-esque psychological thriller, but it just wasn't that thrilling. Yes, it retained my interest long enough to get through to the end, but it wasn't the "page turner" (I actually listened to the audiobook) I expected it to be. Perhaps that's partially due to the soft-spoken narration of the audiobook, or the fact that I had it figured out from the beginning. Not a bad read, just don't expect it to be one that you rave about to your friends.

View all my reviews


I used to have a set of Disney read along books as a kid, so I started buying some for the boys.  Now they come with CDs instead of cassette tapes!  Our library offers free access to virtually all of the Disney read along digital audiobooks, but there's just something nice about teaching a kid to use a CD player.  I've started with Lil'Schep's favorite Disney character:




We still have a long way to go patience-wise!


Nothing new on our tabletop this week.  Stay tuned. 


Perhaps I'll actually remember to link up to Finished or Not Friday this week.  Until next time, God Bless!









2 comments:

  1. Your little monsters are very cute. You have a lot of hexies there. My kids had those cassette books as well. They were great when travelling in the car.

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? Have a suggestion? I'd love to hear from you!